Wednesday, January 4, 2012

80's review

It's a few weeks more to me going a year older and I'm super hooked on Dinosaur Jr, a band formed in the early 80's which is kinda post punk with a dash of early hardcore/hard rock or better said in simple terms an American alternative rock band.

The guitarist and lead singer J Mascis is a hardcore follower,lover and user of a Fender Jazzmaster. A guitar I'm dying for the past couple of years.
The sound that guitar makes just makes me want to listen to every album over and over again, and the sound is so distinct that you will know it right away, to add on with his slow murky voice.

J Mascis's melodic guitar solos, was highly influential in the alternative rock movement of the 1990s. And I have to say that my idol's like Tom Morrelo grew up on those feed back moves that he uses on his style of playing.

For example try listening to their cover of 'just like heaven'
by the Cure. It's a total different outlook and style approach towards that already beautiful song and listen to the lead. It could have made Robert Smith smile.

Matter fact Dinosaur Jr was formed in 1984... It was a great year I have to say.

No comments: