Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly

Ok here we go,
i heard this song a couple of times on the radio...it did get all my attention...enough said i was hook on it...Then each time i like wait for the DJ to say what song it was or by who...it never comes..so today while driving to work and feeling the world around with the heavy rain just beating hard on to the ground the song was played....
I told myself Google it or be sad.. so when i had the free time to do so...i was on it like a doggie on a mission...like indiana jones looking for the lost gold and what not....
so after failing quite badly over Google i decided to call my mum cause she listen's to radio more then i do plus the fact mum is always around younger teens i may say....mum did not know...
so next victim was my sister Jessica..call her up tried to sing it out...instead she ends up laughing and say's Baba: " your singing to me???" damn....so tried telling her but we kinda thought it was 3oh3....then did the google which it was not...then next it was my working mate...she did not have a clue....so here i go trying out all the lyrics i could re-call from the song....then walks in the office another mate and i was like fuck man do by any chance know this song...???

her eyes grew big..and said yeah i love that song its my favourite song....(said in the britney spears way)....and i was by who....fucking tell me....and she goes wait its in my cellphone...i jumped out of my chair got my bluetooth on and said bluey it to me now.....

and yeah my prays were answered...i was happy as an egg plant could be....

well basically the big hype about the song is because i just felt so connected to whats said in that song....it was like I'm in that song with all the lil beats going in and out....it was magical...
well basically I'm more of a metal/funk/punk rock kinda groove...but this groove that was on the song was dope not to mention the fact that it had an awesome lyrics....which i could connect to....

here's the lyrics for the song...
FireFlies by,
Owl City


you would not believe your eyes
if ten million fireflies lit up the world as i fell asleep
'Cause they'd fill the open air
and leave teardrops everywhere
you'd think me rude but I'd just stand and stare

Chorus:
I'd like to make myself believe
that planet Earth turns slowly
Its hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

'Cause id get a thousand hugs from ten thousand lightning bugs
as they tried to teach me how to dance
A foxtrot above my head
a sockhop beneath my bed
a disco ball is just hanging by a thread

When i fall asleep leave my door open just a crack
(please take me away from here)
'Cause i feel like such an insomniac
(please take me away from here)
why do i tire of counting sheep
(please take me away from here)
when I'm far too tired to fall asleep

To ten million fireflies
I'm weird 'cause i hate goodbyes
i got misty eyes as they said farewell
but ill know where several are
if my dreams get real bizarre
'cause i saved a few and i keep them in a jar

I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that i'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause my dreams are bursting at the seams

====================================================================

that's how I've been feeling for this past 25 years....
and yes i have this secret thingy for fireflies which i never shared with anyone....

No comments: